Gang Free Florida Initiative Overview
In 2006, the Florida Gang Investigators Association’s Board of
Directors along with recommendations from its membership began developing
what will be FGIA’s official proposal for a Statewide Gang Control
Strategy. This strategy will encompass all aspects of control and pertain
to the following areas:
To be successful, this strategy will include every aspect
of the criminal justice system and the private sector to include but not
be limited to:
- Law Enforcement (local, state and federal)
- Corrections (local, state and federal)
- Juvenile Justice (detention and residential)
- Probation (local, state and juvenile)
- Statewide Prosecutor’s Offices
- Prevention Organizations (Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Youth
Gang Resource Center, etc.
This will be one of the most aggressive strategies in
the country and should lay down the framework for what will be the model
for other state’s to follow. The details of each section of this
strategy will be proposed to local and state leadership for their review,
acceptance and encouraged implementation.
This plan outlines our approach to developing and implementing
FGIA’s Florida Gang Control Strategy.
Back to FGIA Home